The Indian Mountains have a direct impact on India because this mountain range also affects the weather.
Today I am going to give you the Indian Mountains Map at the bottom of this article, which you can download from the given link.
Indian Mountains Map HD PDF Free Download
The mountains of India can be divided into many parts.
- Great Himalaya Range – It stretches for over 1,200 miles along India’s northern border, all the way from Jammu and Kashmir in the West to Arunachal Pradesh in the East. The section in Sikkim has the loftiest peaks. It’s shared with Nepal though. The highest peak that’s entirely in India is Nanda Devi in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
- Middle Himalaya Range – There are two major mountain ranges in the Middle Himalayas – Pir Panjal Range and Dhauladhar Range. India’s popular hill stations are located in the Middle Himalayas, in the states of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. These include Shimla, Manali, Dalhousie, Dharamsala (where the Dalai Lama lives), Nainital, Mussoorie, and Almora.
- Outer Himalaya / Shivalik Range – A large part of the range is located in Himachal Pradesh. It also encompasses Jammu, some of Punjab and Chandigarh, Haridwar and Rishikesh in Uttarakhand, and Kalimpong in West Bengal.
- Trans-Himalaya/Karakoram Range
- Trans-Himalaya Ladakh Range
- Trans-Himalaya/Zanskar Range
- Garhwal Himalayan Range
- Purvanchal Range
- Aravalli Range
- Western Ghats
- Eastern Ghats
- Vindhya Range
- Satpura Range
1 thought on “Indian Mountains Map PDF”
Mountain in India