Madhya Pradesh is situated right in the middle of India. Its capital is Bhopal. This state is the second largest state in terms of area and fifth largest in terms of population. Madhya Pradesh is bordered by Uttar Pradesh in the north, Maharashtra in the south, Gujarat in the west, Chhattisgarh in the east and Rajasthan in the northwest. If you want to download HD PDF of Madhya Pradesh State Map, then click on the link at the bottom of the article.
Madhya Pradesh Map HD PDF Download in Hindi & English
The state of Madhya Pradesh was formed on 1 November 1956, its capital is Bhopal. Indore is the largest city of MP. The city has also got the status of cleanest city. Administratively, Madhya Pradesh is divided into the following divisions-
- Bhopal Division
- Chambal Division
- Gwalior Division
- Indore Division
- Jabalpur Division
- Narmadapuram Division
- Rewa Division
- Sagar Division
- Shahdol Division
- Ujjain Division
At present, the Chief Minister of the state of Madhya Pradesh is Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the Governor is Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel. There is a unicameral legislature here. There are a total 230 seats in the assembly. Apart from this, there are 29 Lok Sabha seats and 11 Rajya Sabha seats.
The total area of the state is 308,245 square km, making it the second largest state in India. The total GDP here is ₹9.17 trillion. And Per Capita GDP is ₹1,03,288.
Hindi is the official language of this state. Almost all the people here use Hindi.
History of Madhya Pradesh
Before independence this state was known as Madhya Bharat. At that time its capital was Nagpur. After independence, on 1 November 1956, Madhya Bharat, Vindhya Pradesh and Bhopal were included in the state of Madhya Pradesh. And by adding Nagpur to the Marathi-speaking southern region of Vidarbha, it was included in the Bombay state. Earlier Jabalpur was the capital of this state. But later Bhopal was declared the capital of the state. On 9 November 2000, Chhattisgarh was separated from the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- According to the current statistics, the literacy rate here is 80%.
- There are total 52 districts in this state.
- The number of tehsils in the state of MP is 412.
- The state animal is the reindeer.
- The state bird is the Indian Paradise Flycatcher.
- The state tree is the banyan and the state flower is the white lily.
- The main fruit of the state is mango and the sport is Mallakhamb.
- A total of 20 rivers flow in Madhya Pradesh. Among the rivers Narmada, Chambal, Betwa, Ken, Son, Sindh, Wainganga, Kali, Saraswati and Mahi are prominent.
- The following major educational institutions are located in the state of Madhya Pradesh-
- Jiwaji University, Gwalior
- Vikram University, Ujjain
- APS University Rewa
- Rajiv Gandhi University, Bhopal
- Barkat Ullah University, Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj University, Bhopal
- Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur
- Dr. Harisingh Gour University
- RKDF University
- Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University
- Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- Maharaja Chhatrasal Bundelkhand University
- The major festivals of this state are Deepawali, Holi, Dussehra, Krishna Janmashtami, Ram Navami, Mahavir Jayanti, Navratri etc.
- If you ever want to travel, then you must definitely visit the tourist places of Madhya Pradesh. There are world famous tourist places like Bhimbetka Caves, Pandav Caves, Sanchi Stupa, Rajwada Palace, Jatashankar Caves, Pachmarhi Hill Station, Khajuraho Temple, Patalpani Falls, Lotus Lake, Raisen Fort, Rajat Pratap Falls etc.