Nidhin K Biju is a Delhi native, he had AIR-89 in Civil Services Exam 2019. This was his third attempt in UPSC. His optional subject in UPSC was Public Administration and he scored a total of 274 marks in this subject. While his total score is 999. He is trained in Electronic and Communication Engineering.
CSE 2019 AIR-89 UPSC CSE topper Nidhin K Biju scored 999 marks out of 2025 in the UPSC CSE exam 2019. He scored 804 marks in the main written exam and 195 in personality test/ interview.
Short Wiki / Bio
|Name||Nidhin K Biju|
|Rank in CSE||AIR 89|
|Total Attempt in CSE||3|
|Optional Subject||Public Administration|
|Service Allocation||IRS (IT)|
- The Hindu Newspaper
- Monthly Current affairs magazine.
Strategy for Optional
Nidhin told that for optional, you should read the book of Mohit Bhattacharya. Yes its language is difficult and it takes time to navigate through the book. But for public administration this book is no less than the Bible.
After this comes Prasad and Prasad in which 20 thinkers are listed, you choose one thinker every day according to you, keep in mind that do not put pressure on yourself, by doing this you will complete it within 20 days. Make short notes after reading both the books. , In the first iteration just focus on getting familiar and understanding. Revision is important; Revise as often as possible.
Booklist for UPSC CSE
|modern History India (Bipin Chandra)|
|Indian Art and Culture Nitin Singhania|
|Certificate Physical & Human Geography by GC Leong|
|Indian Polity by Laxmikanth|
|Indian Economy by Sanjeev Verma|
|Shankar IAS Environment|
|Internal Security and Disaster Management by Ashok Kumar|
|Ethics DK Balaji’s book|
Common Important Sources
- 2nd ARC Reports
- Public Order – 5th Report
- Local Government – 6th Report
- Personnel Administration – 10th Report
- Promoting e-Governance – 11th Report
- Citizen-Centric Administration – 12th Report
- Financial Management – 14th Report
- State And District Administration – 15th Report
- Sarkaria Commission Report Summary
- Punchhi Commission Report Summary
- New Horizons Of Public Administration by Mohit Bhattacharya
- Administrative Thinkers by Prasad and Prasad
- Public Administration Online Blogs and Articles
- This is the theoretical part of the optional.
- Public Administration by Radhabinod Aribam
- Indian Public Administration by Arora and Goyal