Download Free Upsc Civil services General Studies Vajiram and Ravi Indian Economy Notes 2023 PDF For UPSC Prelims & Mains Paper-3 (Updated Book)
Indian Economy Notes are being shared here for all the students preparing for the UPSC exam, which you can use in both UPSC Prelims and Mains Exams.
The economy is not just a kind of regional concept but the opposite of a country. It includes the various economic activities carried out by different economic regions and the interactions between them. The data within which all the economic activities of a country can be described is called the economy.
1. Production – Production is the addition of value to raw materials using factor inputs like land, labor, capital, etc. It may be defined as the creation or addition of utility (economic). Utility in a commodity can be created in many ways
a) Place Utility: By change of place. Ex-woods in the forest become useful when brought to market. Goods in godown when brought for sale to shops.
b) Form Utility: By change of shape, size, or form. Ex- Cotton, Pot
c) Time Utility: By storing it for a certain time. Ex- FD, Cold storage.
2. Distribution Of Income – Creation of money income and then using it to satisfy the needs & wants. It is the income given to the factor inputs.
3. Consumption – It involves activity under which a produced good or service caters to the final needs of individuals that meet the direct needs of people. Eg. food, cloth, etc.
Table of Content
Part A: Concepts and Theories
- Fundamentals of Economy
- National Income Accounting
- Financial Sector And Capital Market
- Money and Banking
- Public Finance
- Foreign Trade and Investment
- Balance of Payment and Foreign Exchange Reserve
- International Institutions
- Important Terms for Prelims
Part B: Indian Economic Scenario
- Planning in India and NITI Aayog
- Agriculture And Allied Sector
- Infrastructural Development
- Human Resource And Human Resource Development
- Sustainable Development
India’s economy is one of the third largest economies in the world. If seen , it is seventh in the world in terms of area and second in population. There has been a very rapid development in India since 1991 and India has also emerged as an economic superpower of the world.
India is one of the largest producers of products, both primary and manufactured. India is the largest producer of milk and one of the leading countries in the production of wheat, rice, tea, sugar, and spices, as well as having large deposits of iron ore, coal, and titanium.
Also, the people here are very talented. More than two crore Indians are working abroad and making a significant contribution to the world economy. India is one of the world’s largest suppliers of software engineers, and approximately 30% of the entrepreneurial capitalists in the United States in Silicon Valley are of Indian origin.
Indian economy notes of Vajiram and Ravi will help you to get important information about the Indian economy which is very important for UPSC and other exams. This book covers all types of topics that are frequently asked in UPSC Exams. we have given the download link updated pdf below.