Download Free Upsc Civil services General Studies Vajiram and Ravi World History Notes 2022 PDF For Upsc Prelims & Mains Paper-1 (Updated Book)
World History comes under UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam and it is also an important part of General Studies Paper 1 It covers many important topics like World Wars, Colonialism, Capitalism, Communism, Socialism, Industrial Revolution etc.
World History in Upsc
The upsc prelims exam syllabus covers ancient India, medieval India and modern India. But world history is only part of general studies paper 1 in UPSC mains exam. Since the syllabus of this examination is very vast, strategically depending on the optional subject chosen by the candidate. If you have international relations in the form of history and political science , you can cover a good part of world history syllabus.
Analyzing the previous years question papers, there are very few questions asked in UPSC exam from World History, as in 2018, no question was asked from this subject, whereas in 2017, 2016 only one question was asked. That’s why many students do not waste time in studying world history subjects and pay more attention to other subjects.
Table of Content
SECTION 1 – IDEAS AND INDUSTRIES
- Feudal System
- Age of Enlightenment
- Capitalism and Industrial Revolution
- Rise of Nation States
- Rise and Growth of Socialism
SECTION 2 – AGE OF REVOLUTIONS
- American Revolution and American Constitution
- American Civil War and Abolition of Slavery
- The French Revolution
- Russian Revolution
- Chinese Revolution
EUROPE, THE LONG 19th CENTURY
- Rise of Nationalism in 19th Century
THE SHORT 20th CENTURY – PART I THE WORLD WARS
- First World War and its Aftermath Background
- Period Between the Two World Wars
- Second World War
THE SHORT 20th CENTURY – PART II THE WORLD AFTER THE WORLD WARS
- International Organisations and Treaty
- Cold war era and Major Events
- End of Cold War and Disintegration of USSR
THE RISE AND FALL OF EMPIRE
- Imperialism, Colonisation and Decolonisation
- Latin America
- Emergence of Third World and Non Aligned Movement
- Arab World: Arab-Israel War, Suez Crisis and Other Major Developments
World History Notes Provide by Vajiram and Ravi are really helpful for cse mains examination, upsc does not ask for minor details from subject history in General Studies Paper 1, it demands a more communist approach than Indian history.
- Give reasons for the origin of renaissance in Italy.
- The renaissance was the discovery of world and of man.
- What is ‘Enlightenment? Discuss. What were the core concepts that drove enlightenment in Europe? Discus
- Explain how the foundation of the modern world was laid by the American and French Revolutions.
- The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western-educated Africans. Examine.
- The New Economic Policy – 1921 of Lenin had influenced the policies adopted by India soon after independence. Evaluate.
- What were the major political, economic and social developments in the world which motivated the anti-colonial struggle in India?
- What policy instruments were deployed to contain the great economic depression?
- To what extent can Germany be held responsible for causing the two World Wars? Discuss critically
- “Latecomer” Industrial revolution in Japan involved certain factors that were markedly different from what west had experienced.
- Vajiram and Ravi World History Notes
- Vajiram and Ravi Indian Economy Notes
- Vajiram and Ravi Post Independence Notes