Download PDF of GST State Code List 2022
Hello friends, today I am going to share GST State Code List PDF 2022 with all of you, this list you can download from the link given below. as well as you can read complete list of GST State Code.
|No of Pages||1|
Under GST registration, every business entity is required to have a GSTIN through which that person performs all types of GST related work.
The following persons are required to obtain GSTIN from the GST Act 2017
- Persons or entities having a turnover of more than 40 lakh rupees in the case of goods.
- Persons or entities having a turnover of more than Rs.2000000 in the case of services.
- 20 lakhs in case of goods (individuals or entities carrying on for the hill or north-eastern states.
What is Goods and Services Tax State Code
- The first two digits present in the GSTIN format indicate the state code in which it is known in which state the business entity is registered, thus these two digits indicate the GST state code.
2. Every state of India has some or the other GST State Code, which becomes necessary for the identification of the state and along with it, it also provides convenience.
G.S.T State Code List PDF
|State Name||State Code||Alphabetical Code|
|Jammu and Kashmir||01||JK|
|Daman and Diu||25||DD|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||26||DN|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||35||AN|
|Andhra Pradesh (New)||37||AD|
Example of G.S.T State Code
If your business unit comes under GST, then you must have a 15 digit GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number), through which all types of GST related work is done, below you have been given a 15 digit GSTIN in which The first two digits indicate the state code
09 BTUIB1261B 1 Z E
First Two Digits – State Code (09 Code represents Uttar Pradesh)
Next Ten Digits – PAN or TAN
Thirteenth Digit – Represents the number of registration under single PAN (1)
Fourteenth Digit – Indicates the nature of business.
Fifteenth Digit – Alphanumeric character that indicates the check code (E).