Download Upsc Topper Rushikesh Reddy Essay Notes PDF UPSC Value Addition Material in point format which will help you all crack the upsc exam you all can download Rushikesh Reddy Prelims Quick Revision notes from the given link below.
|Name||Essay UPSC Notes|
is a compilation of important quotes and data which can be used in the Essay Paper in Civil Services Main Examination. The PDF also contains interesting examples and anecdotes. The points in this PDF can add value to your essays and is a must-read for every aspirant.
UPSC Essay Value Addition Material
- Countries and nations which do not respect women have never become great nor will ever be in future — Swami Vivekananda.
- To awaken the people, it is the woman who must be awakened, once she is on the move, the family moves, the village moves, the nation moves — JL Nehru.
- “There is considerable evidence that women’s education and literacy tend to reduce the mortality rates of children” — Amartya Sen.
- “Yatra naryastu pujyante ramante tatra devta” — Manusmriti. “Where Women are honoured, divinity blossoms there, and where ever women are dishonoured, all action remains unfruitful.”
- “I believe that the rights of women and girls are the unfinished business of the 21st century.” – Hillary Clinton.
- Women empowerment means emancipation of women from vicious grips of gender, caste, political, economical based discrimination.
- The Rig Veda says, “The wife and husband, being the equal halves of one substance, are equal in every respect. Therefore, both should join and take equal part in all works, religious and secular.”
- But this equal status of women declined during later Vedic era. Gender inequality started creeping into the society. This led to series of social evils against women – Child marriage, Sati, Jauhar etc. Inspite of these, there were series of women achievers – Lopamudra; Maitreyi; Gargi; in that period.
- In today’s political landscape, motherhood is often deployed as a tool to highlight the sacred nature of a subject, ranging from the Gau mata to Bharat mata and Ganga mata.
- True education does not consist merely in acquiring of few facts of science, history, literature or art, but in the development of character — David O. Mckay.
- To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society — Theodore Roosevelt.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it — Aristotle.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world — Nelson Mandela.
- The highest education is that which does not merely give us information, but makes our life in harmony with all existence — Rabindranath Tagore.
- There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent – Mahatma Gandhi.
- If the ability of fish is measured by its ability to climb a tree then fish would have lived its entire life thinking that it is stupid — Einstein.
- Amartya Sen says “India is trying to be the first country to become an industrial giant with an illiterate and unhealthy labour force”.
- National Education Policy, 2019 — Document that is comprehensive, far-sighted and grounded in realities.
- Since ancient times, it is said “Sa Vidya Ya Vimuktaye,” which means that with education we finally attain salvation.
- The earliest education system to develop in India was known as ‘Vedic system’ with the ultimate aim being complete realisation of self. This system was based on ‘Gurukul’ which fostered a bond between the Guru and the Shishya and established a teacher centric system in which the pupil was subjected to a rigid discipline.
- During the freedom struggle, several leaders like Gokhale, Ram Mohan Roy and Mahatma Gandhi worked for better education for our people, particularly women. Indigenous model of education was a major component of Gandhi’s conception of Swaraj and Swadeshi.
- “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have” — Winston Churchill.
- “Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah, Sarve Santu Niramaya” — Upanishad. It means “May All become Happy, May All be Healthy”.
- Health in modern times has been often defined in a negative connotation i.e. absence of illness. However, this definition is restrictive and narrow. As Amartya Sen has argued that, “Health is a social good. A person should be termed healthy, if he is able to actively participate in a society”.
- Introduction: Preetham is a construction worker. After a long tiring day, he has come to home to find his daughter still suffering from the ill fever which she got infected 5 days ago. He had already visited a PHC in the locality thrice. But there were no doctors. Poor preetham does not have enough money to take his child to a private hospital and thus he remained dependent on fate and miracle to treat his daughter.
- We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children — Latin American proverb. (Responsibility)
- If you really think the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money — Professor McPherson of Princeton University. (Economy vs environment debate)
- We are running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere… can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe — Elon Musk.
- Gandhiji had said, “The Earth has enough for everyone’s needs, but not everyone’s greed” — Gandhi.