Hello friends, today I am going to talk with all of you about the most important topic of women’s empowerment, not only in India but in the world. If you want to download its Women Empowerment Essay PDF, then click on the link given below the article.
In today’s time, the topic of women’s empowerment has become the most important topic. About which we are going to tell you a lot today. If you write an essay like this, you will definitely be able to strengthen your writing skills in this subject. Because it is a subject that is asked in UPSC, PCS, and various types of exams. Therefore it is very important to have knowledge of this subject.
What is Women Empowerment?
First of all, let us know what is meant by empowerment. Empowerment means to develop that capacity in a person so that he can take all kinds of decisions related to his life on his own.
When women are able to take all kinds of decisions with full freedom on their own, it is called women empowerment. It is seen that women do not get equal rights as compared to men. By removing this difference, giving equal rights to both men and women is called women empowerment.
Women empowerment means improving the social and economic status of women. So that they can get equal rights in all fields and women can also progress in employment, education, and financially. Its main objective is to enable women in society by giving them their real rights.
Need and Purpose Of Women’s Empowerment
- Gender inequality cannot be removed without women’s empowerment.
- It is difficult for women to identify themselves without it.
- Domestic violence will decrease.
- Making Women self-reliant
- To provide a safe environment in the work area.
- If women are not empowered, they cannot work with full enjoyment.
- The exploitation and oppression of women can be reduced only through Women Empowerment.
- They will also get opportunities to work.
Women Empowerment in India
It has been seen that the condition of women in India was very pathetic in the medieval period as compared to ancient times. Women had very few rights. But at present, the condition of women has improved a bit. For example, in modern times, many Indian women are working in very important administrative and political positions.
The population of India is about 140 crores. Half of the population in this is women. So if women also contribute to labor, India’s growth rate will double.
Over the years, it has been observed that the contribution of women to the labor population has declined sharply. According to a recent survey, 21% of women in India are employed or seeking work. This means that 79% of Indian women (aged 15 years and above) do not even seek work.
Government Efforts for Women Empowerment in India
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- One Stop Center Scheme
- Women Helpline Scheme
- NARI SHAKTI PURASKAR
- Awardees of Rajya Mahila Samman & Zila
- Women Police Volunteers
- Mahila Shakti Kendras (MSK)
- 33% Reservation In Jobs For Women
- Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme
- Recruitment of Women in National Defence Academy (NDA)
- Support to Training and Employment Program for Women (STEP)
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Reservation For Women In Panchayati Raj Schemes
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Free Sewing Machine Scheme
- Samarth Yojana
- Safe Maternity Assurance Suman Yojana
- Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana
- Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya Scheme
- Swadhar Ghar Yojana
- UJJAWALA: A Comprehensive Scheme for Prevention of trafficking and Rescue, Rehabilitation and Re-integration of Victims of Trafficking and Commercial Sexual Exploitation.
- Working Women Hostel
- SWADHAR Greh (A Scheme for Women in Difficult Circumstances)
Rights Given For Women Empowerment
- Laws Against Harassment In The Workplace
- Right Against Female Feticide
- Right To Property
- Right To Dignity And Decency
- Right To Equal Pay
- The economic development of the country will increase.
- Women will gain self-esteem and self-confidence
- She will also be able to lead with respect and independence in various fields.
- Incidents like domestic violence will end.
- Women will also contribute to labor.
- Girl education will also improve.