Download Free Upsc Civil services Vajiram and Ravi Ethics Notes PDF For Upsc Mains GS-IV Paper (Updated Book).
Ethics integrity and aptitude are a compulsory subject in upsc civil services mains exam which is part of General Studies Paper 4. Ethics is what guides us to speak the truth, keep our promises, or help someone in need. The reason for keeping this paper in upsc is to test the candidate’s perspective on issues of honesty and honesty while dealing with issues in daily life to a civil servant.
In the theoretical part, the candidate is expected to have an understanding of various concepts and issues of ethics integrity and aptitude. The same situation based questions present the candidate in part with hypothetical situations. In this, a situation is given to the candidate and a response is expected from the candidate.
- Part A: Ethics and Human Interface
- Human Values
- Dimension Of Ethics
- Ethics in Human Action
- Ethics In Public and Private Relationship
- Part B: Ethics in Public Administration
- Strengthening Ethical Values in Governance
- Accountability and
- Ethical Governance
- Laws, Rules, Regulations, and Conscience As a Source of Ethical Guidance
- Ethical Dilemmas in Administration
- Corporate Governance
- Part C: Probity In Governance
- Information Sharing and Right To Information
- Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
- Citizen ‘Charter
- Work Culture
- Quality of Service Delivery
- Utilization of Public Funds
- Challenges of Corruption
- Part D: Attitude
- Part E: Emotional Intelligence
- Part F: Moral Thinkers And Philosophers
Values Vs Ethics
- Values guide human behavior while ethics gives ground for reasonable moral beliefs.
- Values can be good or bad while ethics is concerned only with positive side of values. Thus, all ethics are values but all values are not ethics.
- Our values influence what we will term as ethical, i.e., value is considered as the language of ethics.
- Both are non-universal.
Ethics in Upsc Mains
Ethics and Integrity accounts for 250 marks in the Mains exam. If prepared in a scientific and objective manner, this paper can be very rewarding for civil service aspirants. The Ethics paper comes in two parts. The first part deals with theoretical understanding of ethical issues and analysis of thinkers who have helped developed thinking and ideas about ethics over centuries. The second part of the paper, deals with real life case studies with which a civil servant or public minded individuals may have to deal with in real life.
If you want to deal with the ethics paper in the UPSC exam, then you need to have less “book knowledge” and an understanding of the concept and internalizing the issues. Thus you cannot rely on text books in a full way to deal with the ethics paper. Instead you need to internalize.
Ethics Notes by vajiram and ravi book will become a perfect partner for your GS Paper IV preparations. If you wish to add more value then, you should include Mains Mains Test Series. This learning ecosystem will give you good understanding of topics and will fine tune your reflection in this paper as per the requirement of UPSC.
- Vajiram and Ravi Medieval History Notes
- Vajiram and Ravi Post Independence Notes
- Vajiram and Ravi World History Notes
- Vajiram and Ravi Indian Economy Notes
- Vajiram and Ravi Essay Notes PDF
- Vajiram and Ravi Modern India History Notes